Tuesday, January 12, 2010
















WARNING! WARNING!
Abort EVERYTHING else you are doing! We have a... MAN COLD!!

ok so I know that it is a little dramatic, but hyperbole is exactly the way to describe the last 24 hrs. and counting, living with this debilitating, life threatening (you would think) sickness the husband has had.
Even as I sit here typing I receive sporadic text messages, almost like he has a little bell next to the bed, asking me for something.
Let it be said that the 363 days during the year
(that's assuming he is healed by tomorrow), I am quite frankly the dramatic one in our marriage. A self-admitted hypochondriac. (Geez I hate that word, hypochondriac. It sounds so harsh.) I am actually much better than I used to be, but I blame that on lack of time. This whole being a mom thing and having to worry about other people besides myself has really prevented me from self-diagnosing myself (along with the endless hours spent on Web M.D. ) and finding a cure for all the diseases, that
now I don't even know that I have.
The husband loves to remember the first few years of our marriage when I was at the height of my disease and I became obsessed with having blood tests, doctors visits, the occasional MRI and oh yes, his favorite to remind me of is the LUMBAR PUNCTURE , more commonly known as a 'spinal tap'. I make light of it now, but at the time I was really convinced I was dying. Also at the time, the husband didn't think it was so funny. Who knew an MRI could cost so much. I actually remember wishing they would find
something, even just an itsy bitsy tumor, so I could validate the financial toll it was taking. Anyway, that was YEARS ago, two, to be exact and now I am stepping up to the plate and attending to the sick and VERY needy with a smile and a soft voice asking, "Poor little bunny, what else can I do for you?"
p.s. if you haven't seen this commercial--it is hilarious. Click {HERE} to view it!

No comments: