Monday, January 11, 2010

DON'T BE JEALOUS!

“She’s just jealous” was my mother’s motto when I was growing up. This saying was the perfect cure for hurt feelings and provided temporary comfort in the world of MEAN girls. I find myself recycling this phrase to my four-year old daughter, girlfriends in need of a self-esteem boost, and even random sob stories I hear from mere acquaintances, in which once this phrase is pulled out, immediately makes them a ‘BFF’.

In the last year or so I have tried to appease myself with this phrase as I have discovered the blogosphere which is replete with the overachieving domestic goddess who somehow in one day manages to post a menu of her monthly meals, the money she has saved clipping coupons, housekeeping tips, and the cute bows and tutus (that take ‘just minutes’). Oh yeah, and it was raining that day, so she put on an ‘impromptu’ circus in the living room for the kids… SO FUN!!
So after reading just a couple of these blogs, I convinced myself there could only be a few of these women out there, but all it took was a few hundred clicks on their “my favorite blogs” list and I knew I was in trouble.
This domestic goddess might as well have been sitting here on my couch telling me... “YOU’RE JUST JEALOUS!!”

So in an effort to make myself feel better I went to the niece, who also lives by this family motto, to see if I was the only one feeling like the worst mom ever. I couldn’t hear her response due to her kids screaming “YOU’RE THE DUMBEST MOM EVER! in the background so I took that as a no.

We have decided that amidst the PERFECT lives in blogosphere, we cannot be the ONLY two 'Pop-Tart ’ moms out there. This blog is designed to not only make YOU feel better about YOUR life, but to hopefully discuss real life issues we face, ideas how to handle these issues (from the reader), simple meal ideas, giveaways (so if you have anything you want to give away let us know!) and encourage us all to know we no longer need to live by the ‘she’s just jealous’ motto.

PS. Please forgive the boring look to our blog while we sass it up!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, I'm a "pop tart Mom" and proud of it too!! Consider me your first "follower" Can't wait to what's to come :0)

Jon said...

these overachieving domestic goddess' are either on prozac or will be soon. In the corporate world us men we try and "win the race" with cars and clothes and oft-times women, i.e. Trophy Wives. This is an easy way to stroke the ego because all it requires is cash. (or credit) However, the ladies who work at home raising families who get caught up in the "win the race" game will end up going mental at some point during the competition. Trust me I have seen it happen.

Good luck with this Janalyn I hope it doesn't turn into a blog that makes other women Jealous. :-)

Aubrey said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA!! I'm a follower.

Holly O. said...

Is it wrong of me to be giddy with excitement that you have committed to blogging again?

wendyhcd said...

LOVE the idea of this blog, J, and i'm not even a mom. i think most women are trying to live up to some imagined and impossible ideal. looking forward to more posts!

megan thomas said...

freaking hillarious. I LOVE the top picture!

megan thomas said...

freaking hillarious. I LOVE the picture on the top!

The Hart Family said...

It was like you took the words right out of my mouth! Thanks for making the blog. I am following and will check in often!!!

Cheryl said...

I LOVE the posts. They make my day.

natasha said...

i LOVE it. will read always and often...well as often as i can focus on tuning out my children. :)