Friday, January 22, 2010

Is he your Daddy too?!

The husband is a business owner. A boss. A leader. A dad to two kids. That's right. TWO. Not three... so why do I feel like I am his third child?! Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

I am not irresponsible. Nor flighty. The bills are paid on time, I shower on occasion (by myself nonetheless!) and can even put my shoes on the correct feet. So why when he talks to me, does he talk a little slower and in a higher voice!? I pay for my blonde hair, so I am not dumb! Here is a prime example.

I am not one to get embarrassed. The other night (on my birthday!) I was completely humiliated by "the dad". Story:

I have to go exchange a skirt for a different size that he bought me for my bday (thanks hunny).
The husband and kids are in the car.
There are two skirts on mannequins.
I go to the back (after him telling me exactly where the skirt is) and look for the size.
Don't find it and start walking back to the front.
I hear. "*name* did you find the size?"
Me: "No, it wasn't back there"
Him: Did you look on the mannequins?
Me: Not yet. I didn't want to undress them if I didn't have to.
Him: Why not? Oh look. Here is your size. (as he is undressing them)
Me: Ok.
Him: Let's get going. Why didn't you check these first?
Me: Because I didn't want to undress them.
Him: I'm going back in the car. Hurry.
Me: Thanks Dad!

Seriously. Maybe he just wanted to undress the "models" I was so embarrassed. And like I said, I don't get embarrassed easily. I was also informed on how to subtract 50 from 30 (the answer is 20 if you didn't know), where the closest gas station is to my location, and everything else under the sun. Don't get me wrong. I love my Dad... I mean husband. But that's who I want to live with. Not my dad.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's awesome. I too have a dad for a husband. Sometimes I deserve it, but most the time not. Like every time I cook dinner he stands over my shoulder and says "Are you sure that is how you do it?" Seriously, like I have never cooked before, and I cook every night!!!