Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Things a Mom "SHOULD know!?

My dear sweet mother has been going through parenting magazines clipping out articles and making a scrapbook for me... isn't that sweet?! I'm not sure if I should take that as a hint, as I am a horrible mother, or that these writers have better ideas. Either way... I was going through it today and I came across an article called "39 Things Every Mom Should Know." Hmmm.... Should know!? Or should learn to know?!

I am a mom. I was not born with some of this knowledge. So I will assume that I am supposed to LEARN to know them... I will not expound on all 39, just a few of them.

#5: If the kids are awake, bite the bullet and be awake yourself. You'll waste so many hours trying futilely to extend early-morning snoozes that it's not worth it. If you are sick, pregnant, or it's the middle of the night, ignore this advice.

I am just going to IGNORE this advice altogether.

#24: Use duvet covers on your comforters and forget about a top sheet.

Ummm.... OK?

#12: Know this: that stain won't come out. And it's OK. (the sooner you accept this, the better)

#2: Don't make birthday parties a huge deal.

WTH!? Umm... yes, make them a big deal! It was the day they were born! Just don't invite a bunch of roudy kids!

No comments: