Sunday, February 14, 2010

Monday's Meal

This might sound harder than it really is. I promise, if I can do it, anyone can!!! There are variations you can do, so whatever is easiest for you! I am just too cheap and feel that I can make it taste better the way I do things.

HOMEMADE PIZZA

DOUGH:
2 1/2 c. flour
2 pkg. RAPID RISE yeast
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. warm, warm water (not scalding hot)
1/4 c. melted margarine/butter
***Mix together***
Add two eggs
***Mix some more*
Add more flour until dough isn't too sticky (maybe 2 more c. flour)
***Mix for 3 minutes***
Cover with towel for 15 minutes to let raise
***Flour cookie sheet and scoop some dough onto it and roll out
(you might need to add a little more flour onto dough if its too sticky)

ADD:
Pizza sauce (leave about 1/2 inch around pizza if you want a crust)
Mozzarella cheese
Any other toppings you like!!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put pizza in oven for 15 minutes or so until crust is "golden brown" and cheese is melted all the way.

Variation: You can buy a bag of pre-mixed pizza dough at the store
Thaw out Rhodes Bread Loaves/Rolls and roll onto sheet

***I also melt more butter, spread it on the crust (before its cooked) and then sprinkle Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder on for extra deliciousness.

PS. I use this dough recipe for dinner rolls or breadsticks as well!!!

PPS (or is it PSS). If this doesn't make sense, leave a comment and I will try to explain better...

No comments: